January 14, 2010

And One More Whine

Scenario:

If David Letterman had been wooed back to NBC and was kicking Conan off the air and Jay Leno had made the joke about "Law and Order: Letterman Victims Unit" the critics would say it was lame and low. This is my problem with it all because, truth be told, I thought the "Law and Order: Lenos Victim Unit" joke was clever but my enjoyment was tainted with the knowledge that Jay Leno would never have been allowed to make that joke and be called clever. It's not that I think Jay does no wrong ("Are you going to let this bitch outbid you?" Really, Jay?), but that I think most of the media thinks he can do no right.

P.S. I don't have the will right now to link to all of these things but will eventually, including articles that call Jay the "Heir-aparent" and the one where he royally screws up (the "bitch" comment).

No comments:

Post a Comment