January 17, 2011

Complaining

I'm going to use this blog to do a little complaining. I feel I need to vent about certain things. You see, I'm a "sweat the small things" kind of person. Little things get to me far more than stress about bills or where my life is going. Here's the daily rant:

I just went downstairs to make breakfast and my nephew was eating ice cream. I looked over to the coffee pot (which is next to the fridge so a lot of food gets made on the counter in front of the coffee pot) and there were all these puddles of ice cream where he just sloppily spooned it into the cup. I didn't clean it up. I refuse to. I'm also not going to be the one who says anything to him about it because we all know where that will lead. I just fixed breakfast ignoring the puddles, and when my mother comes back one of two things will happen. She will either yell at him and he will deny he did it, or she will just quietly clean it up and pretend like he isn't a giant, lazy asshole. There was a towel right next to him on the counter, for the record. He wouldn't have even needed to move anything but his arm.

Here's my mother back from taking my sister to work, let's see what she does: quietly cleaned it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment