April 15, 2014

Strange Tempers

Got into a fight on Facebook.  On a TV show's page.  Why?  Why do I feel the need to fight with strangers over stupid things?  And I've decided to just not go back to see what else has been posted afterward, because it will just entice me to waste more precious time fighting with strangers.  I got into this fight because people wanted bloodshed over a TV show.  It was ridiculous.  One particular lady was posting over and over and over, and I was finally fed up with her.  Within one minute of my post, she responded, and so I responded to her, calling her out on forcing her opinion on everyone over and over.  I can just see the next few posts now, stating that I had more than one post on there as well.  And I went against the majority and so I'm going to get slaughtered.  Whatever.  I made it clear I don't live on Facebook (like this lady apparently does).

I feel like there is nowhere to go anymore to enjoy anything.  There is nowhere to go where people like a TV show, singer, celebrity, etc. I wish that forums would divide their threads into "likes" and "dislikes" so that if you like a show, you can go into that thread and be happy, and if you don't like a show, you can go into that thread and rant.  I don't like them mixed, because it invites these kinds of wars.  I don't even care one iota about Justin Bieber, but I don't understand the people who stalk his videos just to talk about how stupid or evil he is.  Get a life.  Don't go on the Bieber webpage just to tell him off.

That's one of the things I hate about Facebook.  I hate that people can come on and just post mean things and hide behind their "opinion."  They call people out left and right.  But DEAR LORD if you call them out.  Or I fear posting something I enjoy on there, because I get made fun of enough for being immature or weird.  I also don't want to deal with the people who would see something I post, or link to, and feel they have to tell me why they hate it.  I don't care.  Take your hate somewhere else.

But why did I feel the need to go on that TV show's page, LOG IN to Facebook, and yell at people?  Why?  Why couldn't I just say "I love this show" and move the fuck on?  I totally attacked people.  I think I felt the need to show them what they were doing to the person they were attacking on the show (it's a reality show).  Calling for this person to never be on the show again (a person who has been on this show for ten years).  Admitting that they have always loved this person until this ONE MOMENT and now they never want to see this person on TV again.  Really?  Ridiculous.  Turn the channel.  Get over it.  I felt the NEED to say that.  And now I will be attacked and it's a vicious cycle.  An inescapable cycle anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment