November 12, 2013

The Short, Short Version #4

Week Ending 11/10/2013

Fear:  I have made friends with a customer from my work.  She gives me presents now for Christmas.  Now, I have to be worried that this might be conceived of as "tipping" and that I could be reprimanded/fired over it.  But, I wonder, if my friends from before I worked at this job came in and shopped, would they have to stop giving me Christmas presents because now, technically, they are customers?  It's such a fine line.

Disgust:  If you are a size XS/0 and a shirt fits "tight," and you tell me you wish you could put it on a fat girl so it would stretch out and fit you, I will be mentally punching you.

Sadness:  My step-niece, who was still bringing her baby over for us to see, has stopped doing so.  It is both my mother's fault and her mother's fault (my sister-in-law).  My mother won't stop grilling her with questions about where her mother is living, and her mother doesn't think she needs any other family.

Anger:  Long ago my boss forced a woman (whom I LOVED) to quit because this woman was requesting too many days off a month.  She told her she couldn't have set days and that she couldn't "dictate" her own schedule.  Cut to two years later, where two girls just got hired with the promise of set days and they are already requesting off here, there, everywhere.

Happiness:  I finally got a letter where a customer called in to the company and gave me a compliment.  Everyone else at work, even teenage girls who have only worked there for, like, a week, have gotten letters.  But not me.  In eight years.  Even though my manager has told me before that absolutely no one receives more compliments (by word of mouth) than I do.  Sometimes it's nice to get that little extra validation.

Surprise:  There is a man who comes into my work to buy women's jeans.  At first he told us they were for his wife, but eventually he admitted they were for him.  Men's jeans don't fit him.  He is...interesting.  But I applaud a man who can admit what he needs and not be ashamed.  Now, he comes in, chats us up, calls us Darling, but he is clearly not a homosexual.  This is an important fact, because I think it is up to everyone to break down gender barriers.

Randomness:  I will criticize the lyrics of your songs, singers.  Make sure none of them are a stupid as "I bet you think this song is about you" or "But who cares?  She walks like Rihanna!"

P.S. - There were a lot of issues with work this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment