December 17, 2010

Stalker

I believe my 15-year-old nephew is headed down a dangerous road. This morning, as I was getting out of the shower I noticed that someone had written fuck you LDJ on the mirror so when the mirror steams up you can read it. Now, you know, it's his handwriting.

I told my mom. She said, "Well someone's going to have to have a talk with him about it." I was like, "Yeah, you, where you tell him and his mother to get out."

Instead she calls his mother, who says, "How do you know it was him? Why does everyone accuse him of doing these things?"

Well...

a) He has said point blank to my face that he hates me. He really hates me, you know.

b) It's his handrwriting.

c) Who else has been here the past two days who hates me?

He tried to say he hasn't even taken a shower in the last, like, four days.

a) Ew.

b) Bullshit.

My mother kept saying they had no place to go, so she couldn't tell them to leave. I don't care at this point. I don't really have anywhere to go either, because this is my parents' house and it's where the harrassment is. I packed everything of value to take with me to work today, because I was sure that while no one was in the house my nephew would try to break down my locked door and destroy everything. Unfortunately for him, my brother decided to stay and protect the house for the first half of the day and my older nephew came home for the second half. Now I'm here, and he's already gotten in a fight with my mother because when he didn't help her bring in the groceries like she asked him and instead ignored her, she yelled and he said, "Of course, another thing I'm getting blamed for." What do you fucking mean? This isn't some discreet message on a bathroom wall. This is sitting right in front of her doing nothing when she asked you to help. You aren't getting blamed, you're getting held responsible. Except you're not, because you're still sitting there and you didn't have to help in the end anyway.

His older brother "had a talk with him today" and I'm supposed to feel better.

My sister said she's moving out at the first of the year. She says that every year. I told my mother that I was still moving out, too. But until one of us is gone, I won't come out of my bedroom for anything but the necessities.

My mother keeps trying to say she can't choose between her children. I want to understand, but when you have one daughter who won't contribute money, who smokes in the house when you've asked her not to (and in the car, and in your face), who cusses and screams everything she says, who doesn't always flush the toilet after taking a crap (and neither does her son), who doesn't have a car but won't give gas money for the car that takes her everywhere, who says she doesn't think she should have to use her foodstamps or her child support to pay the bills in the house she lives in because technically it isn't her house, who defends her child who terrorizes a small cat and has now begun to terrorize a human being, who has a son who punches holes in the wall when he doesn't get his way, who has a son who messes with you car when he's mad at you...

...and you have another daughter who keeps hidden in her room, may not do much of the housework but stays hidden so the messes shouldn't be her responsibility anyway, who pays the cable bill, the phone bill, the water bill, sometimes the insurance, and the credit cards every month, who makes sure there is always money left over to buy food, who pays for all of the repairs on the car everyone in the entire family uses, who puts 90% of the gas in said car, who paid off YOUR debts with the money from her second job, who paid off YOUR debt earlier this year so YOU wouldn't have to worry about it anymore and YOU went and put YOURSELF back in that debt because the other daughter needed money for god knows what because she has a job, no conceivable bills, and child support, who, when she takes over the household expenses always pulls us out of debt by the end of two months but YOU take back over because I'm asking for too much money when I ask for $500 a month from each person, and now that daughter is being stalked by a 15-year-old?

It's time to make a choice.

1 comment:

  1. You want me to put a hit out on him?

    (Just kidding, FBI. I don't actually know any hit men. As far as you know.)

    ReplyDelete