October 1, 2010

A Little Vindication

A quote from a blogger named T-Bone, who co-writes a blog called Blogging Project Runway:

"I suspect that Mondo was required to reveal this [his HIV status] up front even before filming began for Season 8. I've seen the applications for this show, they are quite extensive."


FYI, this is really all I said in my original comment yesterday. I said he was probably required to disclose this in order to appear on the show and that if it was a requirement and he hadn't disclosed it, it might be grounds for dismissal from the show. How that comment was read as my fearing that I'll get HIV from an infected person breathing near me is beyond me.

P.S. And I didn't even mean he had to disclose it on his application nor did I mean he would have to disclose it to every person working on the show. But I would think he would need to disclose it to someone (there is usually some kind of medical staff on hand) so proper precautions could be put into place. And if that isn't true and his HIV status was his business and that's the end of the story, that's fine and once again, all anyone needed to point out.

No comments:

Post a Comment