October 30, 2010

I Got It! I Got It!

I got your number on the wa-all...

...just kidding.

What I got was the Kindle! I have been friggin' saving and scraping and waiting for this thing and finally, yesterday morning, I ordered it and shelled out an extra $13 to have it overnighted. For the most part, I've spent the day experimenting on it and in general cradling it like it was my baby. Which made the cat extremely jealous and I had put down the Kindle to have an extended petting session with Mr. Basil.

I really couldn't have fathomed how tiny it really is. I had my mother make me a purse out of yarn and an old Led Zeppelin t-shirt thinking the K and the case would be about as big as a large journal. Nope! I bought a little neoprene case for it and it really will fit in a small-to-medium-sized handbag. I'm so excited I want to cry.

I'm also so excited I'm ignoring the power-struggle going on between two of my co-workers over who gets to plan the party (and who gets invited) for a third co-worker's fiftieth birthday dinner.

1 comment: