July 13, 2012

Recent Recipe

Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas

The first thing we found out was that the dough expands.  We thought we were going to make cute little pizza bowls in muffin cups.  Instead, because we cooked the dough a little before adding the ingredients, it ended up as thick, giant crusts with the toppings pouring over the top.  What we would most likely do differently is just put a little dough in the bottom of each cup, just enough to cover the bottom, and then stack the toppings without worrying about making a little bowl.  Because I decided to bake them in foil muffin cups it would be easy to just peel the foil away (it was easy) and the cheese would probably keep the shape of the pizza intact.

I bought pesto and kapers to go on my pizzas.  I love kapers, but I wasn't expecting the severe overload of vinegar taste these kapers were sporting (they actually tasted - long after I was finished eating them - like alcohol).  I bought green onions to go on my mom's pizzas and black olives for my sister.  My father is very plain - just pepperoni please.  But lots of it.  All in all, though, it was a nice change from freakin' pork chops and green beans every night.

1 comment: